Probate refers to the process of proving the validity of a will. While not technically correct the term “probate” is often thought of as the process of administering an estate under court rules and supervision.
The process begins with the filing of a petition to name someone to take charge of the estate, either an executor (if the deceased left a will) or an administrator (if there is no will). Pennsylvania probate law prescribes certain actions the executor or administrator must take.
Estate Services provided by Costa Law Offices may include assisting the personal representative in:
- Opening an estate account
- Getting the estate a proper tax identification number
- Ensuring proper Estate bill payment
- Administering and adhering to timetables and deadlines
- Making proper distributions
- Documentation and form filing
- Closing the estate as promptly and hassle-free as possible